- About BCB
- BCB FAQs
What if I receive an email asking for my banking or personal information?
BCB Community Bank will never ask you to update your account information via email, mobile messaging or telephone contact. Should you receive an email with this type of request consider it fraud. DO NOT RESPOND to it and IMMEDIATELY DELETE it from your inbox.
We will never initiate a call to you and ask you to provide personal or financial information over the phone. Additionally, we will not send mobile messages requesting customers to update their financial or personal information. If you mistakenly respond to a fraudulent email, mobile message or phone call, please contact us immediately at 201-823-0700, or click here for after business hours to report any fraudulent activity.More BCB Messaging Policy FAQs
What is BCB Community Bank Mobile Banking?
Mobile banking gives you access to your accounts from your mobile web browser or a downloadable mobile banking application, depending on your preference and your phone capabilities. Both options allow you to: view account balances, search recent account activity, transfer funds, and find nearest ATM or branch locations.More Mobile Banking FAQs
What is BCB Community Bank Online Banking User Interface Supported Browsers Policy?
Last Updated: Q4 2014
BCB Community Bank (BCB) will review and classify the current versions of each major browser to ensure a quality user experience. We will announce by the end of each calendar quarter any new updates to the supported browser policy.
Following are definitions for the information below:
- Supported – Full functionality of the product has been tested and successfully meets functional and all minimum design requirements.
- Allowed – Functionality of the product has been tested and successfully meets minimal functional requirements. Design deficiencies and some functionality issues may occur. Browsers that are not mentioned in the table are considered unsupported. Such browsers may be used, but are not certified for use. The user may experience features that may not function properly. Beta versions of browsers are not recommended for use.
ONLINE BANKING – DESKTOP VERSION
- Mozilla Firefox 30-32*
- MS Internet Explorer 10-11
- Google Chrome 36-38
- Apple Safari 7-7.1
- Mozilla Firefox 26-29
- MS Internet Explorer 9
- Google Chrome 33-35
- Apple Safari 6
*Considered to offer an optimal Online Banking experience. Please make sure that the TLS 1.0 or above are enabled in MS Internet Explorer.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Encryption – Must be TLS compliant and support a minimum of 128-bit encryption (preferably 256-bit encryption). J
- Cookies – Must be set at a minimum to allow 3 rd party cookies for the Online Banking interface to properly function.
- Screen Resolution – A minimum screen resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels is suggested to view the site correctly. For PFM, smaller resolutions may prevent view of all of the features or navigation within the tool.
- Pop-Up Windows – Must be allowed in the browser for full Online Banking functionality, including session time out notifications.
- Adobe Flash 11.1 or higher – Required for flash version of PFM functionality not for OLB only or HTML version of PFM.
What do I need to open an Account?
In order to open a checking or business account, please visit one of our local branches and a BCB Employee will be happy to assist you.
You will be required to bring one primary and one secondary ID:
Primary Documents – Must contain photo and evidence signature, date of birth, and current address
- Unexpired State-Issued Photo ID
- Drivers' License
- Learners' Permit
- Non-Driver Photo Identification Card
- Boat License
- Unexpired U.S. Military ID (Military and dependents)
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Resident Alien ID card
- Major Credit Card or Debit Card from other financial institution
- Unexpired State-Issued ID not containing photo
- Employer ID card with recent photo
- V.A. Benefits card with photo
- Foreign Passport with picture and unexpired visa stamp from U.S. Immigration
- Current pay stub from known area business, evidencing name and current address
- Current utility bill, evidencing name and address
- Voter registration card
- State-issued birth certificate with original seal
BCB Community Bank ATM or debit cards are Not considered acceptable forms of secondary or additional ID.
This information is required for all parties that are present to open the account.
What are Phishing/Email Scams?
These types of scams are way to lure you into entering your personal details on a fake website that looks exactly like the legitimate one. Phishing tries to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card information by pretending to be a trustworthy site. This is usually carried out by fake emails or text messaging.
Please be aware that BCB Community bank will never initiate an email or text message asking you to provide personal or financial information. If you mistakenly respond to a fraudulent email, mobile message or phone call, please contact us immediately at 201-823-0700.
Example below: A recent phishing example sent to a customer imitating BCB Community Bank communication.
More Fraud Protection FAQs
What are your current interest rates?
Interest rates vary on a daily basis; call 201-823-0700 for current rates.
More Mortgage Loans FAQs
What is an eStatement?
eStatement is an electronic statement that replaces the current paper statements.More eStatements FAQs
What is a QR code?
QR stands for Quick Response; it is a barcode that you scan with your smartphone. After scanning the barcode content will be delivered to your Smart Phone.More QR Code FAQs
BCB Community Bank would like to introduce our customers to their new Automated ATMs. Now you can deposit cash or checks envelope free, into every ATM at our branch locations at any time. Simply follow the instructions on the screen and get your banking done fast and easy. No more deposit tickets or envelopes all you need is your ATM/Debit card!
When making cash deposits the ATM will now give you a listing of the denominations deposited and the total before processing the deposit; the information will also be printed on your receipt. If you are making a check deposit, the image of the check(s) will appear on your screen, and if you choose, print on your receipt after you make your deposit, for you to keep for your records.More ATM FAQs
What is ScoreCard Rewards?
ScoreCard Rewards is a rewards program offering points for qualifying purchases. Points can be redeemed for a variety of items, such as merchandise, airfare, hotels, travel packages, and more.More Scorecard Rewards FAQs
ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT
If you're 62 or older, a Reverse Mortgage can give you access to additional cash based on the value of your home.Read more
$100.00 A CHOICE CHECKING ACCOUNT WORTH CELEBRATINGStop by any branch and open a Choice Checking Account with one qualifying Direct Deposit and you’ll receive an additional $100.00.
Refer-a-business & Earn
BCB is always happy to expand its family. For each business you refer to BCB, we’ll give you $25.Read more